Our Proven Track Record
NAC is one of the first greenhouse gas emission trading firms created in Canada, and one of the few that is Canadian owned and operated. Founded in 1996, we have been trading GHG offsets in Canada, the United States, and Europe, with deals totaling over 7 million tonnes to date.
Our Track Record
The following are some of the groundbreaking greenhouse gas emission transactions engineered by NAC:
- Developed the first international GHG ERC trades involving hydroelectric generation in the Northeastern US, including the first sell-forward GHG offset trade from a hydroelectric facility under construction in North America.
- Brokered one of the first trans-Atlantic GHG offset trades, over 1 million tonnes of CO2 offsets from the first known GHG offset trade sourced from European geothermal facilities.
- Developed the first trade of GHG offsets from a waste-to-energy facility in North America, helping to fund the installation of SCR equipment on the plant.
- Developed the first known trade of GHG offsets from a biomass-fueled co-generation facility; in this case a 5-year sell-forward contract for all output.
- Developed the first GHG ERC trade in eastern North America that involved ERCs sourced from electric utility distribution system efficiency improvements.