Strategic Planning and Risk Assessment
Let NAC manage short-, medium-, or long-term acquisition strategies. We can help design, source, and build your GHG emission offset portfolio.
Carbon Portfolio Management
Managing portfolios of GHG offsets/permits is one of NAC's strengths. Our extensive carbon fund expertise can be deployed to manage your organization's carbon offset pool. Whether it's buying or selling, NAC can manage your GHG offsets.
Carbon Fund Management
NAC executive staff has significant experience in carbon fund management. Our executives participated in the development and operation of one of North America's first dedicated carbon offset funds; The Greening Canada Fund (2009-2014).
During its lifetime, the Greening Canada Fund delivered over 1.5 million tonnes of GHG offsets to its investors. NAC executives were involved in the development and negotiation of every GHG trade undertaken by the Fund.
The following are some of the highlights of key greenhouse gas offset transactions engineered by the Fund with participation of NAC executives:
- Developed some of the first GHG offset trades involving energy efficiency activities undertaken by school boards in Ontario and Quebec.
- Developed several GHG offset trades from municipally-owned landfill gas operations in Canada.
- Developed one of the first trades of GHG offsets from a municipally-owned and operated organic waste composting facility.
- Developed one of the first known trades of GHG offsets from a district energy system in Canada.
- Developed GHG offset trades based on energy efficiency activities undertaken at a Canadian university and a Canadian international airport; likely firsts for Canada.
If your organization is considering developing, launching, or managing a carbon fund feel free to contact us.
Let us help your organization plan a viable carbon strategy over the length of time that works best for you. Every corporation; whether public or private, has its own challenges when dealing with climate change and determining its place in a carbon future. We can provide critical support to your management team.
Carbon Risk Assessment
The carbon risk involving your organization may have both positive and negative implications. Public or private corporations have a vested interest in identifying challenges when dealing with climate change and determining its place in a carbon future.
There may be opportunities to exploit that are positive to your bottom line. Risk does not always mean a negative situation.
Let us help your organization deal with carbon risk. We can provide critical support to your management team when developing policy and planning around carbon risk.